Next: Technical Aspect
Up: Open Application Server
In a nutshell, OAS is an Application Server that
This document gives a technical overview of OAS.
- is written in C++
- has a multithreaded Request Delivery Architecture
- can load request handlers as packaged in external shared libraries
- supports resource control
- offers helper library for applications such as http protocol handler
- interfaces with apache web server as HTTP front end
- is high performance and stable under heavy load
- offers an HTML interpreter so that static pieces of HTML can directly
be embedded in C/C++ code. These pieces are converted to constant
variable in C/C++ code prior to compilation.