Here you will find the documentation required to get a quick start.
How do I install apache for OAS Server?
Again a very simple process.
This is basically gist of install instructions. But if you don't want
to wait till reading the install file, this should help.
- How to install OASServer?
It is a very simple process. But please make sure that you follow it
precisely. This should work in most of the cases.
- Get a tarball
- Extract it. Read the Install file
- Follow usual Unix install procedure. ./configure;make;make install
- Get apache 2.0.xx tarball.
- Extract it.
- Drop OAS Server mod_cgi.[ch] in modules/generators directory
- Patch apache to allow unix domain sockets as request handlers
- Build and install apache normally.
- What is the difference between normal apache and OAS Server apache?
- OAS Server apache allows unix domain sockets as request handlers.
Normal apache won't do that. This can be a security risk. So make
sure that there are no unix domain sockets which apache can touch.
- OAS Server apache will not run normal CGI scripts. This is because I
have changed mod_cgi files to get started fast. I know I need to fix this but I
don't have a high priority on this.
- What do I need to do to write an OAS Server application?
- Write a shared library. Kdevelop is your best friend for this.
- In your code, you need to write two classes, derived from OAS Classes
- And one normal C Function. See Architecture
document for this.
- Write a config file. There is example file bundled with OAS Server